Contamination can be a cause of premature pump failure. Thus, cleanliness is a primary means of assuring satisfactory life out of a unit. J Thomas Distributors encourages all customers to follow the recommendations below to avoid such a situation.
**** ALL HOSES, MOTORS AND PUMP LINES MUST BE THOROUGHLY CLEANED WITH MINERAL SPIRTS.
****THE TANK MUST BE DRAINED AND CLEANED WITH NEW FLUID ADDED (REFILL WITH YOUR MANUFACTURER’S RECOMMENDED FLUID).
****CHANGE THE FILTER.
****INSPECT FANS (IF YOUR UNIT IS EQUIPPED WITH THEM) AND MAKE SURE THEY ARE IN GOOD WORKING ORDER WITH NO BROKEN FINS.
****PUMPS MUST BE PRIMED BEFORE USE.
Product or parts failures or malfunctions which are not attributable to defects in material and/or workmanship, and which are not covered by the said warranty include, but are not limited to:
* Inadequate, contaminated, or improper fluid.
* Accident, abuse, improper maintenance, or neglect.
* Stripped keyways, or splines stripped or worn on external shaft end.
* Improper mounting of external pulleys, gears, couplings, etc.
* Operating above those speeds, weights limits, pressures, or temperatures recommended
* Use of the product in a manner or for a purpose not originally intended for by Hydro-Gear
or failure to use in strict accordance with Hydro-Gear’s written instructions.
* Misdiagnosis of component failure.
All pumps are tested at the factory before shipping.
If a unit fails within warranty period please contact J. Thomas at 1-800-828-7980.